The EIC Music & Humanity Initiative
We firmly believe that Music and the Art should exist in their own right, but we also believe that music can play a role in creating social change. The Music & Humanity Initiative is the collective name of those of EIC’s activities that deal with music and social change;
– The conductor’s course CONDUCTING 21C combines musical excellence with social responsibility.
– KörKraft (ChoirStrength) focuses on refugees, where we use the music to help learning Swedish faster, create a social context and facilitate integration.
– With the international choir Common Ground Voices, we want to help bridge music between groups that otherwise would not interact and create a fruitful and respectful dialogue.
– Musik & Medmänsklighet, the Annual Music & Humanity Festival 2013-2016 is about music as a tool for social change as well as creative musical work through workshops, symposia, concerts and the CONDUCTING21C.
– Barn Sjunger för Barn (Children Singing for Children) is a concert series in favor of the Barncancerfonden (Children Cancer Foundation), where different children’s choirs share a concert while collecting money for child cancer research.
– Framtidskören (Choir of the Future) is an integration project for school children in the Stockholm suburbs.